Overview of the role
The core responsibility of the Account Executive is to support the wider team with the delivery of mixed-media projects as well as contributing to the delivery of internal projects across the business and proved exemplary client services at all times. You must use the tools and resources available to gain an understanding of client businesses as well as market trends in best practice corporate communications.
Some of the key responsibilities in this great role include:
- Support your team with the day to day management of projects by preparing and driving project schedules, ensuring that all internal and external deadlines are met;
- Work closely with your team leader to produce core project documentation which will support the management and delivery of projects. Such documentation includes contact reports (key actions and deliverables), project briefs and status reports. You will also support and contribute to communications briefs, page plans and photography briefs;
- Manage the author’s corrections (amends) turnaround process, ensuring that all amends are successfully incorporated and recorded to ensure an error-free delivery of projects;
- Successfully liaise and co-ordinate with suppliers (including printers and photographers), helping to brief in work and ensuring all external work is submitted in a timely manner;
- Continually develop your understanding of how to deliver mixed-media solutions, developing your knowledge of the creative, print and digital processes, and seeking ways to enhance the current processes and procedures; and
- Effectively organise meetings and conference calls and maintain orderly filing of all documents and materials held by the team.
- Work closely with your team leader to develop your commercial awareness of Black Sun’s job costing and fee structures; and
- Work closely with your team leader to learn how to effectively manage project budgets by implementing all of Black Sun’s quality assurance and financial processes including creating simple budget proposals, completing regular reconciliations, raising purchase orders for external costs and completing accurate timesheets.
Client relationship management
- Build strong client relationships with your day to day client contacts, regularly attending and participating at client meetings and calls; and
- Deliver exemplary client services at all times helping to ensure we maintain the current high levels of client satisfaction and exceptional client feedback and continually seeking ways to exceed our clients expectations.
New business and client development
- Assist your team with delivery of client and new business proposals by conducting research, producing budget proposals and helping to manage the internal schedule and process. However at this point you will not need to present!
Research and strategic development
- Support internal teams with Black Sun’s research into best practice corporate communications, by conducting research and providing insights which will support the development of Black Sun’s market-leading publications;
- Continually drive your understanding of our clients’ businesses, the industries they operate in, and trends in best practice corporate communications; and
- Work closely with your team leader to develop your understanding of and begin to be able to articulate Black Sun’s proposition and views on key market insights.
Each Client Account Team is lead by a Client Director (also referred to as a team leader), who reports to the Managing Director. The Account Executive will report directly to the Client Director.
The Account Executive will also work closely with the wider Client Account team as well as the Publishing, Creative, Digital, Research & Strategy and Finance teams.
Qualifications, experience & skills:
The successful candidate will hold or have experience in/ with:
- A minimum of 2:1 degree, preferably in economics, marketing and communications, business or languages;
- 0-2 years agency or client-side experience within marketing and communications;
- Excellent writing, editing, proof reading skills are essential;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential;
- Exceptional attention to detail; and
Be fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Your personal qualities:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally;
- High-quality service ethic and committed to customer service excellence;
- Ambition to self improve;
- Ability to manage many urgent and often conflicting priorities;
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude with an innate ability to take initiative and work by yourself as well as in a team;
- Flexibility and team focussed, non-hierarchical approach with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude to getting
the job done; and
- A great sense of humour and fun!
In addition to a competitive salary based on skills and experience, as an employee at Black Sun, you will have access to a range of great benefits and perks, including:
Upon joining, you’ll be eligible for 25 days’ holiday per year (pro-rated if you join mid-year). An additional ‘bonus’ day is awarded for long service at Black Sun, up to a maximum of 2 extra days.
We operate an annual bonus scheme for all our employees to enable everyone to share in our success when the company achieves its financial targets.
Personal Development Plans
We believe that the more successful we are in developing our people, the more rewarding and successful our business will become. As an employee at Black Sun, you’ll have access to an extensive suite of training through our ‘Full Circle Talent Development Programme’ to help you develop the skills to progress your career and be successful in your role.
Group Life Assurance
On joining Black Sun you will be insured under our Group Life Assurance Scheme.
Group Personal Pension Plan
After three months’ at Black Sun, you will be enrolled on the Company’s group personal pension scheme. The Company will contribute 3% of salary to the pension scheme and you will need to contribute a minimum of 5%.
Employee Assistance Programme
You and your family will have access to a confidential 24/7 helpline, providing you with a range of services including counselling, financial/debt management, family and childcare advice.
Black Sun operates a Payroll Giving scheme which enables you to donate through your payroll to any charity or voluntary organisation within the UK. The donation is made from your gross pay, enabling the charity to benefit from Gift Aid.
And whilst we love our jobs, we also like to have some fun along the way. We have a continuous social programme throughout the year with drinks evenings, sports activities, Bake Offs...and breakfast every Friday! But don’t take our word for it, come and see for yourself!