We are hiring for a Knowledge (Research) Analyst within the newly formed Knowledge and Innovation team. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable strategic communications consultancy to build a knowledge base benefitting our frontline teams from the ‘best of Black Sun’.
As the Knowledge (Research) Analyst, you will be responsible for providing support to our overarching stakeholder's communications proposition as well as more specifically across our key business solution pillars - across our global offices in London, Singapore and Malaysia. This includes custom research work for our reporting clients, as well as gathering high-quality market intelligence of corporate communications policies, issues, news and trends.
The role is well suited for a highly motivated and ambitious individual with excellent academics and an interest in a wide range of economic, social and governance issues impacting businesses. The successful candidate must have good writing skills, a keen eye for details and enjoy wider literature reviews.
Some of the key responsibilities in this great role include:
Research & Consultancy
– Work with our Senior Analyst on our two flagship global research projects on annual reports and corporate websites.
– Analyse audit data on annual report content to support strategic consultancy services for our Reporting clients;
– Analyse corporate website content and usability, building a database of benchmarked companies. Support our Digital consultant in new business generation and client development work;
– Work with our Investor, ESG and Sustainability consultants in support of their comms strategy consultancy projects. Typical assignments include:
– Identifying sustainability issues in a materiality assessment desk research
– Reviewing and assessing how various companies communicate through different channels
– Media scanning to analyse news and social media conversations around topical sustainability issues
– Designing qualitative and quantitative research questionnaires, and analysing resulting data to produce high-quality insight reports
– Take responsibility for maintaining Black Sun’s Knowledge databases of best practice examples to effectively improve our performance and the value that we add to clients. This includes ensuring all relevant updates are completed in a timely manner;
– Provide support in overall quality control of our knowledge assets, building IP for the wider business and developing clear methodologies for all analytical approaches;
Industry & Competitive Analysis
– Proactively track digital communications news and related business publications to ensure that our research is up-to-date with the latest developments in corporate communications; and
– Keep abreast of legal and regulatory changes, consultations and Government initiatives to ensure that the KI Team is always in a position to provide advisory services to clients
– From time to time, assist the Marketing team in preparing thought leadership articles, newsletter content and social media content to support the wider business offers.
Reporting to: Head of Knowledge and Innovation
Work closely with: the Knowledge and Innovation team, Consultants, the Business Development and Marketing team, the Account Management teams and the Digital team
Qualifications, experience & skills:
– Strong academics ideally at degree level;
– 1-3 years of work experience within research or business consulting capacity;
– Familiarity with corporate communications and transparency/financial disclosure;
– Interest in understanding economic and societal issues, the evolving stakeholder's needs and how they are impacting businesses;
– Excellent analytical skills. Must be a competent user of MS Excel;
– A good standard of report writing and presentation drafting skills in MS PowerPoint/Word;
Your personal qualities:
– You have a curious frame of mind, with proven analytical and conceptual capabilities;
– You have a high work ethic and client-service-excellence mindset. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple parallel tasks is a key trait to succeed in this role;
– You have strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally;
– You have a ‘can do’ attitude with an innate ability to take initiative and work independently as well as in a team;
– You believe in the importance of balancing hard work with fun!
Your application was submitted successfully.