Overview of the role
As Head of Digital Delivery you will be responsible for the successful development and delivery of our digital communications solutions and overall digital client service. This requires you to lead the coordinated delivery across the UK and Singapore, which consists of the Digital Project Managers, digital creatives and designers, and Application Development.
You will have responsibility for leading this digital delivery team from a project and operational perspective, and for ultimately ensuring that we create and deliver high calibre profitable solutions for our clients.
This will require you to:
- Own the operational management of our digital solutions and services
- Deliver quality day to day digital client service
- Proactively manage our digital management processes so we deliver to time, specification and budget
- Ensure the commercial success and profitability of our digital work
Client relationship management
- Work closely with the Communications teams to deliver an integrated client service across all communications channels, and to create client development plans
- Continually develop your knowledge of your client’s businesses and the industries they operate in as well as developing a comprehensive understanding of your clients’ communications needs to lead the development of their digital solutions
- Build strong, trusted relationships with your day-to-day and senior client contacts, leading digital client meetings and calls, effectively managing your clients’ needs and working with your wider team to act on and resolve any account problems
- Deliver exemplary digital client service at all times ensuring we maintain the current high levels of client satisfaction and exceptional client feedback
Digital project management
- Successfully manage the delivery of all your digital projects by driving all deliverables and deadlines, managing internal and external resources, and driving the preparation of all project documentation (such as project plans, communications briefs, photography briefs and page plans)
- Effectively drive the delivery of each project stage from discovery through definition, design and delivery, and ensure a quality ongoing maintenance and support service
- Ensure all project management and quality assurance processes are implemented for all work;
- Work closely with the Head of Digital Strategy to develop and grow the account and to ensure best practice, quality solutions and user experience
- Successfully liaise with and co-ordinate suppliers, to ensure they deliver a quality service and we achieve required margins
- Responsible for the revenue forecasting and profitability on the digital clients
- Have ownership of all financial aspects of digital work, ensuring that all financial processes are successfully implemented by you and the project team to ensure the profitable delivery of all projects
- Maintain complete visibility of all your project budgets through the implementation of all financial processes including budget proposals, billing schedules, purchase orders for external costs and regular cost reconciliations
- Where necessary lead the recovery of overrun costs from your clients, New business and client development
Project team management
- Hold weekly digital delivery team meetings and daily stand-ups to ensure the smooth running of all digital work
- Ensure team adherence to all internal processes and procedures (including approval, quality assurance, financial and project management processes)
- Regularly assess team resources against workloads, taking steps to ensure that the right resources are in place to deliver on all account deadlines
- Create a positive and supportive team culture where innovation, creative thinking and performance excellence is championed
- Support the Head of Digital Strategy and Chief Digital Officer in developing proposals for new work and for pitching to prospective clients. proposals
- When required either lead or participate in new business presentations, ensuring the pitch team are well prepared and deliver high-quality presentations and leave a strong and favourable impression with clients
Reporting to: Chief Digital Officer Collaborating with the Head of Digital Strategy, the Chief Technology Officer and the Application Development Teams
Direct Reports: The Digital Project Management Team in UK, with matrix to the Singapore Digital Project manager
The successful candidate will have experience in/with:
- A similar role within a digital agency and in-depth experience delivering sophisticated digital applications including corporate websites, online reports, intranets and extranets
- Digital project management and delivery methodologies covering requirements definition, sitemaps, wireframes, technical solutions, web analytics, etc.
- Developing and building a digital agency business
- Social media, campaign micro-sites, data driven email communications, experiential campaigns and mobile marketing would be also helpful
- Managing internal teams and external partners to deliver digital solutions
- Best practice digital design and development including UX and IA
- Supplier selection and liaison
- Implementing or managing outsourcing partners
- Budget and schedule management
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Degree level qualification, preferably within a relevant subject matter
- Further business, communications or marketing qualifications would be beneficial
- Project management qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally
- High-quality service ethic and committed to customer service excellence
- Ambition to self-improve
- Ability to manage many urgent and often conflicting priorities
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude with an innate ability to take initiative and work by yourself as well as in a team
- Flexibility and team focused, non-hierarchical approach with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude to getting the job done
- Good sense of humour is essential!
In addition to a competitive salary based on skills and experience, as an employee at Black Sun, you will have access to a range of great benefits and perks, including:
Upon joining, you’ll be eligible for 25 days’ holiday per year (pro-rated if you join mid-year). Two additional discretionary ‘bonus’ days are awarded for long service at Black Sun, up to a maximum of 27 days’ holiday.
We are thrilled to be able to offer our employees the option to work in a hybrid way. After a period of onboarding, employees have the ability to work from home, office and where applicable on site with clients. The amount of days are dependant on teams, role, time of year and deliverables.
We operate an annual bonus scheme for all our employees to enable everyone to share in our success when the company achieves its financial targets.
Personal Development Plans
We believe that the more successful we are in developing our people, the more rewarding and successful our business will become. As an employee at Black Sun, you’ll have access to an extensive suite of training through our ‘Full Circle Talent Development Programme’ to help you develop the skills to progress your career and be successful in your role.
Group Life Assurance
On joining Black Sun you will be insured under our Group Life Assurance Scheme.
Group Personal Pension Plan
After three months’ at Black Sun, you will be enrolled on the Company’s group personal pension scheme. The Company will contribute 3% of salary to the pension scheme and you will need to contribute a minimum of 5%.
Employee Assistance Programme
You and your family will have access to a confidential 24/7 helpline, providing you with a range of services including bereavement counselling, financial/debt management, family and childcare advice.
Black Sun operates a Payroll Giving scheme which enables you to donate through your payroll to any charity or voluntary organisation within the UK. The donation is made from your gross pay, enabling the charity to benefit from Gift Aid.
And whilst we love our jobs, we also like to have some fun along the way. We have a continuous social programme throughout the year, either virtually or in person! But don’t take our word for it, come and see for yourself!