Overview of the role
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Digital Project Manager to join a highly successful and fast-growing agency to deliver high-quality and innovative digital stakeholder communications solutions - and to help build Black Sun as thought leaders for digital corporate communications excellence.
The principal role of the Digital Project Manager is to scope, specify and project manage the development and delivery of high calibre digital solutions for our Corporate Communications business. Working closely with the design, development and account teams, you will be defining the solution to meet our clients’ requirements, building the project delivery schedule and budgetary estimates, and driving the programme of work from inception through to successful delivery; ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to high levels of client satisfaction.
This role will suit a self-motivated individual who wants to make a real difference in their role - both to enhance their career and skills, and to deliver award winning, innovative projects for global brands. It will require an organised mind, digital expertise, great people skills and real attention to detail.
Spark positive change!
We are a unique kind of business We live in unprecedented times of major and rapid change, where the long-established conventions of how we work and live have been turned on their head. We are seeing a rise in socially conscious consumers, empowered employees, radical technologies, artificial intelligence and a declining trust in business and government on a global scale.
Unquestionably, this is a fast moving, disruptive and transformational world. But these are the three things that also define Black Sun! We are new company for a new era – a stakeholder engagement and communications partner to some of the world’s largest brands and businesses, harnessing the talents of over 100 specialists, change-makers and storytellers across Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
We started Black Sun to provide global organizations with a better way to engage with their audiences. Our work directly addresses some of the biggest issues of our time: Purpose and culture, stakeholder engagement, digital transformation, and sustainability communications.
Some of the key responsibilities in this great role include:
- Successfully manage the delivery of assigned digital projects, taking responsibility for ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, to budget, are delivered to the brief and meet high levels of client satisfaction
- Work with internal teams to interpret the client’s brief and work with the teams to create a digital solution that will meet the client’s needs
- Develop a set of clearly defined deliverables for each project including comprehensive project documentation including project schedules, requirements documents, functional specifications and project schedules
- Own the project management of these digital solutions, acting as the focal point for all requests and queries, effectively managing the delivery process, driving all deliverables through the creative, HTML and programming teams, and ensuring that all project amends are accurately implemented to ensure an error free delivery of projects
- Proactively manage the scope, timings and priority of projects managing all timescales and internal and external resources to ensure these don’t deviate from agreed schedules
- Co-ordinate all project meetings; draw up and circulate the agenda for each meeting at least 24 hours in advance; write and circulate a Contact Report within 24 hours; follow up and execute all necessary tasks agreed at meetings
- Maintain and develop quality assurance processes for your digital projects, ensuring that Black Sun procedures are consistently applied before allowing projects to progress, so we deliver to the required standard and are protected from financial loss
- Demonstrate real strength in identifying and managing project problems independently and provide effective solutions to address them
- Successfully liaise and co-ordinate suppliers, completing the briefing process and ensuring that all work meets Black Sun’s quality standards; and
- Comply, contribute to and seek ways to enhance our company and digital standards, processes and documentation.
Client relationship management:
- Own day-to-day client relationships throughout the delivery of your projects building strong, trusted relationships with your day-to-day contacts
- Liaise with your clients on a day-to-day basis, attending and leading meetings when required, and responding to all client requests in a professional and courteous manner. You will also be expected to be able to handle difficult or sensitive enquiries or problems with tact and diplomacy; and
- Deliver exemplary client services at all times helping to ensure we maintain the current high levels of client satisfaction and continually seek ways to exceed clients’ expectations
- Produce budgetary estimates and secure client sign-off on all costs
- Manage the financial risk of projects by adhering to all financial working practices and processes including creating budget proposals, completing regular reconciliations, raising and issuing purchase orders for external costs and completing accurate timesheets
- Ensure that no work outside the scope of the agreed specification is undertaken, prior to agreeing the scope of the additional work and receiving approval on the cost estimate from the client; and
- Where necessary, work with your team leader to develop strategies for managing overrun costs from clients.
New business and client development:
- Work closely with your team leader to identify opportunities to upsell your clients, and to identify other opportunities to cross sell our digital services and solutions.
- Support the new business process by assisting with the delivery of new business proposals through conducting research, producing budget proposals, helping to manage the internal process and supporting your team leader with writing presentation documents. You may also be required to attend pitch presentation meetings from time to time.
Research and development:
- Continually drive your understanding of our clients’ businesses, the industries they operate in, and trends in digital best practice corporate communications as it relates to them; and
- Continually develop your knowledge and views on digital trends and key market insights and to share your knowledge with your team and the wider business.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the job holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Reporting to: Digital Project Director
Work closely with: wider project management team as well as the Digital Strategy, Creative and Application Development teams
Qualifications, experience & skills:
The successful candidate will hold or have experience in/with:
- Project management qualifications such as PMP and Prince2
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in managing online clients and projects from inception to delivery with the ability to work unaided on digital projects
- Familiarity with best practices in website development, including accessibility, usability and design
- Experience interacting with clients at a variety of levels and across functions, managing client expectations and ensuring high levels of client satisfaction
- Experience of scoping and designing digital-related projects of significant scale and complexity and identifying project risks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential
- Good knowledge of project management techniques for digital solutions including requirements definition, sitemaps, schematics and wireframes, web analytics, etc
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure, within strict time constraints and must be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- A good general understanding of a wide range of technologies is beneficial, including:
- Content management systems and publishing technologies
- QA techniques and processes; and
- Knowledge of W3C WCAG levels and requirements.
Your personal qualities:
- Passionate about digital
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally
- High-quality service ethic and committed to customer service excellence
- Ambition to self-improve
- Ability to manage many urgent and often conflicting priorities
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude with an innate ability to take initiative and work by yourself as well as in a team
- Flexibility and team focused, non-hierarchical approach with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude to getting the job done; and
- A great sense of humour and fun!